American Embassy Kolkata, India

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rate this Company/Service
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)

American Embassy Kolkata, India

Kolkata US Consulate


american embassy kolkatta

US Consulate General
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, Kolkata 700071

Tel: 91-033-3984-2400
FAX: 91-033-2282-2335







January 1 Thursday New Year’s Day American
January 19 Monday Martin Luther King’s Birthday American
January 26 Monday Republic Day Indian
February 16 Monday Washington’s Birthday American
March 5 Thursday Doljatra Indian
April 3 Friday Good Friday Indian
May 25 Monday Memorial Day American
July 3* Friday Independence Day American
September 7 Monday Labor Day American
September 25 Friday Id-Ud-Zoha Indian
October 2 Friday Gandhi Jayanti Indian
October 12 Monday Columbus Day American
October 20 Tuesday Durga Puja (Saptami) Indian
October 21 Wednesday Durga Puja (Astami) Indian
October 22 Thursday Durga Puja (Nabami & Dasami) Indian
October 26 Monday Lakshmi Puja Indian
November 10 Tuesday Kali Puja Indian
November 11 Wednesday Veterans’Day American
November 26 Thursday Thanksgiving Day American
December 25 Friday Christmas Day American

States Applicable:
West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Orissa, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Assam and the Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Types of Visas:

1.Immigrant Visas

As of January 1, 2012, the U.S. Consulate General in Chennai stopped processing Immigrant Visa petitions.

2.Nonimmigrant Visas

Visitors to the United States require nonimmigrant visas. The type of visa you need depends on your purpose of travel. Unless specifically noted, all nonimmigrant visa applicants follow the same application process.

Business and Tourism

B1/B2 visas are for visiting family, taking a holiday, seeking medical treatment or participating in short-term business activities like meetings and conferences.

Working in the United States

If you are traveling for petition-based work in the United States on an H-1B or L visa
Specialized Workers (H1-B, H-4)
Intra-Company Transfers (L-1, L-2)

Students and Exchange Visitors

If you are attending school, participating in student or faculty exchange programs, or performing research scholarship, you will need an F, M or J visa.
Academic Students (F1, F2)
Non-Academic Students (M1, M2)
Exchange Visitors (J1, J2)

Crew Members for Airlines and Ships

If you are working aboard a plane or ship bound for the United States, you will need a C1/D visa.

Performers, Entertainers and Athletes

P visas are for those traveling to give culturally unique performances in the United States.

Official and Diplomatic Travel

Diplomats and members of some international organizations qualify for A, G, or C visas. For interview and fingerprint requirements and other qualifying conditions.

Other Visa Categories

I, H3, K, O, R, Q, V visas.

This page was viewed 49 times.

Incoming search terms:

american consulate office kolkata photo (1), us embassy kolkata (1)

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *