Embassy of India in Al Khuwair, Oman
Jami’at Al – Dowal Al – Arabiya Street,
Diplomatic Area, Al Khuwair,
P.O. Box 1727,PC 112.
Working hours : 8:30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m(Except Fridays and Saturdays)
Tel Nos : 24684500
Fax Nos : +968 – 2469 8291 (General)
+968 – 2469 2791 (Consular)
+968 – 2468 4546 (Community Welfare)
24 Hr Emergency Helpline : +968 – 2469 5981
(only for labour/welfare issues)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Holidays
|No.||Name||Month||Date||Day of Week|
|1||New Year’s Day||January||1||Thursday|
|10||Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday||October||2||Friday|
|14||National Day of Oman**||November||18||Wednesday|
|15||Guru Nanak’s Birthday||November||25||Wednesday|
|16||Milad Un Nabi or Id-E-Milad(Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)*||December||24||Thursday|
Types of Visas
Tourist Visa Please apply for visa online and take a print out of the filled in form and submit the same at the BLS Centremor its nearest mobile collection centre along with one recent passport size photograph, passport in original, a photocopy of its first five pages, and confirmed return air ticket in original along with its photocopy.
Tourist visa will be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing or casual visit. No other activity is permissible on a Tourist Visa.
Tourist Visa for US nationals
- Applicant should submit the Visa form duly filled along with original passport and two photographs as per general guidelines.
- Tourist Visa on arrival for nationals of twelve countries
- Citizens of Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Myanmar, Indonesia and Republic of Korea shall be granted “Tourist Visa – on – Arrival”.
- Tourist Visa – on – Arrival shall be available only at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata Airports with a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry. The following terms and conditions apply for such categories of visas:
- The sole purpose of visiting India on tourist visa on arrival should be for recreation, sightseeing, casual visit, visit to meet friends or relatives etc. and no other purpose/activities.
- The applicant does not have a residence or occupation in India.
- The applicants’ passport has minimum 6 months validity and a re-entry permit if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant.
- The applicant should be of assured financial standing (the production of return ticket and availability of sufficient money to spend during his stay in India).
- The applicant is not a persona-non-grata to the Government of India.
- The citizens from the above named countries who would like to visit India for longer duration should approach Indian mission and would be granted visa by the Indian missions concerned.
- The facility shall not be available to citizens of above countries (Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand and Singapore) if either of his/her parents or grandparents (paternal or maternal) was born in and was permanently resident in Pakistan. Such persons can visit India after obtaining appropriate visas from the Indian missions concerned.
- The tourist visa on arrival can neither be extended nor converted to any other kind of visa during applicant’s stay in India except in the following circumstances with the prior approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs
- Tourist visa on Arrival of foreign nationals who fall ill after their entry into India and require specialized medical treatment may be converted to ‘Medical visa’. In such cases, tourist visa on arrival of the attendant may also be converted into medical attendant (Med‘X’) after submission of medical certificate from government/government recognized hospitals.
- A fee of US$ 60/- or equivalent amount in Indian rupees per passenger (including children), will be charged from each applicant for grant of Tourist visa on Arrival.
- Tourist visa on Arrival shall be allowed for a maximum of two times in a calendar year to a foreigner with a minimum gap of two months between each visit. Letter to be submitted explaining the circumstances under which re-entry is sought, mentioning the contact address & phone number etc in India and abroad
- This facility will not be applicable to holders of Diplomatic/official passports.
- Photocopy of passport, residence visa & long-term multiple entry tourist visa granted by Indian mission
- Copy of detailed itinerary
Medical visa is admissible to all foreign nationals seeking Medicare in recognized specialty hospitals or treatment centers in India. Although non exhaustive, following illustrative list of serious ailments would be of primary consideration; neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantations; plastic surgery; joint replacement etc.
Medical attendant visa
General guidelines for visa application are applicable in this case also.
Attendant/family members of the patient coming to India for medical treatment shall be granted medical attendant visa co-terminus with the ‘Medical Visa’ of the patient. Such visa may be granted to the spouse/ children or to those who have blood relations with the patient. Such a visa can be issued to a maximum of two persons in the family.
Medical attendant visa holders are also required to get themselves registered within the period of 14 days of arrival in India with the concerned FRROs/ FROs, in case the applicant is required to stay in India for more than 6 months for the treatment.
Such visa will be valid for maximum three entries during one year.
Application in the prescribed form, which may be downloaded, supported by a letter from the sponsoring organization indicating nature of applicant’s business, probable duration of stay, validity of visa, places and organizations to be visited and also a guarantee to meet maintenance etc. and letter of invitation received from business houses or companies in India, along with two passport sized photographs, the passport in original and a photocopy of the first five pages of the passport should be submitted. The passport and resident visa should have at least six months validity left. If all documents are in order, the passport will be returned on the same day with visa stamped there on.
General guidelines for visa application are applicable in this case also. The maximum validity of Employment Visa is one year.
However, additionally, employment visa application form should be accompanied with
Proof of contract / employment/ engagement of foreign nationals by the company or organization; and
The employing company / organization should be registered in India and a copy of such registration should be submitted;
Certificate by the employer mentioning the salary of the foreign national employed in India;
The employing company / organization should certify that the nature of job is such that qualified Indian nationals are not available for that job;
The applicant must submit proof of employment or contract or engagement by the company / organization in India and also submit copy of the agreement of the company approved by the Government of India;
The applicant must submit documentary proof of his educational qualification and professional expertise;
A letter of approval or No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Ministry of Health in case of admission to medical or para-medical course is also to be submitted with the application. The letter of approval or NOC can be obtained from the college/institute where admission has been confirmed.
Foreign Students are allowed to study in recognized graduate and post graduate level medical, Para-medical, engineering and Technical institutes in India. Foreign students intending to pursue regular academic courses in India should apply for Student Visa.
General guidelines for visa application are applicable in this case also. However, additionally the visa application form should be accompanied with- a firm proof of admission to a recognized University/educational institution and a letter from the Ministry of Higher Education, Sultanate of Oman, should accompany the application.
Further, a letter of approval or No Objection Certificate from Ministry of Health, Government of India (GOI) in case of admission to medical or Para-medical courses and from Ministry of Human Resources Development (Department of Education) (GOI) in case of Engineering and Technical courses is required. This letter of approval can be obtained from the college/institute where admission has been confirmed.
Satisfactory evidence of financial support with a bank guarantee for R.O.500/.
The student visa is issued for the period of study (Maximum period of validity is five years) in India.
Provisional Student Visa
There might be some cases where the applicants do not have firm letters of admission from the college/institute because of the procedure which requires admission tests etc. Such students may apply for Provisional Student Visa on the basis of Provisional Admission Certificate issued by the university/institute.
Visa in such cases will be limited to a period of six months. Further renewal of student visa can be done through the State Government/Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) who are empowered to grant a regular student visa for the duration of the course or a period of 5 years, whichever is less.
Journalist visa is issued to professional journalists and photographers visiting India. The applicants are required to contact the External Publicity Division of the Ministry of External Affairs and in other places, the Office of the Government of India’s Press Information Bureau on arrival in New Delhi.
Foreign journalists visiting India on long term assignments (i.e. to be based in India), have to fill up the online form http://pibaccreditation.nic.in under category New users – select option – “I am applying through Indian Mission abroad) for issuance of PIB cards simultaneously with submission of their “J” visa application, in order to facilitate timely issuance of PIB cards.
Conference visa is issued for attending conferences / seminars / workshops in India. A letter of invitation from the organizers of the conference is to be submitted along with the visa application. Issue of Conference visa is subject to approval of conducting the event by the concerned Ministry of Central/ State governments of India. Delegates visiting attend conferences may combine tourism with attending conferences.
A transit visa is granted for the sole purpose of enabling the holder to travel through India to reach his/her ultimate destination. Change of purpose is not allowed. The visa will ordinarily be valid for a single/double journey and for entry within 15 days of date of issue. The transit visa is valid for direct transit only for a maximum period of 3 days. Confirmed air ticket for onward journey and valid visa for final destination are required. For a stay in India beyond 3 days, an appropriate visa should be obtained.
Visa for Missionaries
Single entry visa valid for the duration approved by the Government of India is issued. Three copies of the letter from the sponsoring organization indicating intended destination in India, expected length of stay, and nature of work to be discharged should be attached along with a guarantee for applicant’s maintenance while in India.
Visa for Research Purposes
Approval of Ministry of Human Resources Development (Department of Education), New Delhi, should accompany the visa application. The validity of the visa would coincide with the research period.
This page was viewed 58 times.