Embassy of India in Beijing, China
Embassy of India, Beijing
No. 5, Liang Ma Qiao Bei Jie,
Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Working hours : 8.30 A.M. to 5.30P.M. (Monday to Friday)
0930 hours to 1030 hours on working days -Passport,Visa applications,documents for attestation are accepted.
0900 hours to 1100 hours on working days -Passports,Visas,attested documents are delivered.
Tel : +86-10-8531 2500/2501/2502/2503
Fax No : +86-10-8531 2515
List of Holidays
Types of visa
Tourist Visa is issued to a foreigner whose sole objective of visiting India is tourism, recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives etc.
3 months Single Entry Tourist Visa is issued to Chinese nationals as per the MOU on Simplifying visa procedures between Republic of India and People’s Republic of China.
Business Visa is granted to a Chinese/Foreign National for the following purposes:
- Chinese/Foreign National who wish to visit India to establish an industrial/business venture or to explore possibilities to set up industrial/business venture in India.
- Chinese/Foreign nationals coming to India to purchase/sell industrial products or commercial products or consumer durables.
- Chinese/Foreign Nationals coming to India for technical meetings/discussions, attending Board meetings, general meetings for providing business services support.
- Chinese/Foreign Nationals coming to India for recruitment of manpower.
- Chinese/Foreign Nationals who are partners in the Business and/or functioning as Directors of the company.
- Chinese/Foreign Nationals coming to India for consultations regarding exhibitions or for participation in exhibitions, trade fairs, business fairs, etc.
- Chinese/Foreign buyers who come to transact business with suppliers/ potential suppliers at locations in India, to evaluate or monitor quality, give specifications, place orders, negotiate further supplies etc., relating to goods or services procured from India.
- Chinese /Foreign experts & specialists on a visit of short duration in connection with an ongoing project with the objective of monitoring the progress of the work, conducting meetings with Indian customers and/or to provide some high level technical guidance.
- Chinese/Foreign Nationals coming to India for pre-sales or post-sales activity not amounting to actual execution of any contract or project.
- Chinese/Foreign Trainees of multinational companies/corporate houses coming for in-house training in the regional hubs of the concerned company located in India.
- Chinese /Foreign students sponsored by AIESEC for internship on project based work in companies/industries.
- Chinese/Foreign nationals coming as tour conductors and travel agents and /or conducting business tours of foreigners or business relating to it etc.
Single Entry Conference Visa up to one month stay can be granted for participation in International Conferences/Seminars in India
Project Visa may be granted to Chinese / foreign nationals coming to India for execution of projects in the power and steel sectors, subject to the following conditions:
- Project visa will be issued only to highly skilled / skilled persons and not to semi-skilled/un-skilled workers.
- A Project Visa holder cannot engage in another project either of the same company or of a different company.
- Employment / Work of the Project visa holder would be restricted to the location of the project.
- Validity of visa would be initially for the duration of the project/contract with multiple-entry facility. It cannot exceed one year.
- A person coming for Project Visa cannot take employment in the same Indian company for a period of two years from the date of commissioning of the project.
- Project Visa would be issued based on the submission of the relevant documents clearly establishing that the project / contract has been assigned to the particular foreign company by the Indian company / organization concerned.
- Project Visa can be issued to 2 chefs and 2 interpreters per project.
- Indian company engaging the foreign national for executing the project / contract would be responsible for the conduct of the foreign national during his / her stay in India and also for the departure of such foreign national upon expiry of visa.
- Project Visa holder would have to register with the FRO/FRRO concerned within 14 days of arrival if the validity of visa is more than 180 days.
Employment visa is only granted to an applicant who is highly skilled and / or qualified professional and is not granted for unskilled, routine, ordinary or secretarial / clerical jobs. The foreign national being sponsored for an Employment Visa in any sector should draw a salary in excess of US$ 25,000 per annum. This annual salary limit does not apply to (a) Ethnic cooks, (ii) Language Teachers (Other than English language teachers) / Translators and (iii) Staff working for the concerned Embassy / High Commission in India.
- Is granted for the sole purpose of enabling the holder to travel through India to reach his/her ultimate destination. If the holder intends to perform some work or business in India, irrespective of the duration of his/her proposed stay, he /she should obtain a visa of appropriate category.
- Is valid only for direct transit, which is not more than 3 days for each visit. For a stay in India beyond 3 days, a visa of the appropriate category should be obtained.
- Is ordinarily valid for a single journey and for entry within 15 days from the date of issue.
- If the journey is not performed within the period of validity of the visa, a fresh transit visa would be required.
Medical visa would be admissible to all Chinese / foreign nationals seeking Medicare in recognized specialty hospitals or treatment centers in India. Although non exhaustive, following illustrative list of serious ailments would be of primary consideration; neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantations; plastic surgery; joint replacement etc.
The applicant should seek preliminary medical advice from China and should have been advised to go for specialized medical treatment.
- Applicable for foreign research scholars who desire to undertake research in India.
- Applicable for Professors, teachers and scholars who are invited as visiting faculty by an Indian Institute/University.
Journalist Visa is issued to a professional journalist, a press person, a film-person (other than commercial), a representative of a radio and television organization and similar personnel in the field of information such as travel writers, travel journalists, travel promotion photographers, television producers, advertising, commercial persons and those who write on fashion, costumes and sports.
The applicants are required to contact on arrival in New Delhi, the External Publicity Division of the Ministry of External Affairs and in other places, the Office of the Government of India’s Press Information Bureau, so that they could be given necessary assistance in various matters including planning their itineraries.
This page was viewed 183 times.