How to apply for Birth certificate?
Everyone needs birth certificate for their identity. Birth certificate will be useful in school admission, Voter ID registration, driving license registration, applying passport etc. Within 21 days of birth, you need to have registered. No fees will be applicable to be registered within 21 days. After 21 days to 30 days, Rs.7/- will be paid as late fee. After 30 days to within 1 year of the occurrence of Birth – Rs. 10/- as late fee. Beyond One year of the occurrence of birth – SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate) Order from local area + Rs. 15 As late fee
Birth certificate Procedure :
Most of the hospitals will take care of to register for a birth certificate. If not, follow the below procedure to get a birth certificate. If the occurrence of the birth is registered within 21 days, the first copy of Birth certificate will be given free of cost.
1. In urban areas, Municipalities/Corporation will undertake the registration of Birth.
2. In rural areas, Village Administrative Officer (VAO)/ Tehsildar will undertake the registration of Birth.
3. First of all you need to inform the concerned authority about the registration of birth.
4. Take the Proof of birth like hospital/ nursing home report while going to inform about the registration of birth.
5. As the above said, Birth occurrence will be registered within 21 days, otherwise penalty will be collected.
6. Beyond one year of birth, get a receipt from SDM/Notary public.
7. Birth Date, time and place(which hospital/medical institution) of child are required.
Documents required to get birth certificate:
1. Proof of child birth (where the child has born) from the medical institution.
2. Address proof where parents residing at (Voter ID/ Ration card/ Electric bill etc)
3. ID proof like voter ID, Driving license etc.
Submit all these details to concerned authority and inform about the birth occurrence. You will get birth certificate shortly.
This page was viewed 2309 times.